Medications in School Policy
For those extreme cases when medication needs to be administered in school, the following procedures serve as a guide:
- A current written doctor’s order and a current written parent’s permission must be on file.
- Medication must be brought to school by the parent/guardian.
- Medication must be in a properly labeled container from the pharmacy.
- Cough drops in school are discouraged, but if necessary they must be brought to the nurse’s office with doctor's order.
- Unlabeled prescription and non-prescription medication will not be administered.